Monday 26 October 2009

A good old fashioned ramble...


I was walking to get the train into work this morning and managed to leave the house with enough time to actually walk the entire way rather than running like (as Chris says) a constipated donkey! (I've never seen one myself but...) It's amazing that when you take the time to look around, you can notice some lovely pieces of nature and appreciate the nicer mornings when you aren't rushing or in the car. The sun was shining through the golden leaved trees and the weather was really nice and mild. During our travels we missed the various seasons... especially Autumn and it's a fantastic time of the year. The walking through the leaves, the crisp mornings and the fog across the River Lagan. No matter where you travel, there are always pieces of home that can be prettier than anywhere else and Northern Ireland has some beautiful places.


With Grier in the park

Having cuddles while Mummy and Daddy are checking in

Chris and I have been home for just over a month and time has really flown in - yesterday was my first Sunday in the house! I have been over to Scotland to say Bon Voyage to my sister, brother in law and niece as they begin a new life in Australia... down to Roscommon twice - the last time to celebrate the Christening of my niece Ruby and becoming her godmother and in between we have been re-decorating the house!

Chris and I with Ruby at her Christening

It has been strange being home and not really needing to plan where we are going to be staying in the next few weeks or wondering where we are going to be eating dinner - which has been the norm for the past year. I'm not having itchy feet, I think it's more that there is quite a bit to be arranged around the house, getting our belongings out of the attic and generally tidying up our rucksacks etc. and I cannot be bothered!
At least we have Chris' Aunt's wedding to look forward to in Durban this December... some winter sunshine and a great chance for a family get-together.
Hopefully some fairies will enter the house and unpack everything for me so I don't have to come across spiders hidden amongst our belongings. But that's just wishful thinking!

No comments: