Tuesday 8 November 2011

Another year goes by...

It's hard to believe that it has been just over a year since I last updated our blog. I have no real excuses except the lovely arrival of our son Tristan.


Cleaning his Nanny and Papa's windows!



We don't know where he gets his impishness from, but he's a cutie despite his beaver like tendencies with the furniture and everything else around him - especially Velcro!

During Tristan's first year he has enjoyed his (nearly) weekly swim. While in Australia, his Auntie Ruth-Cheryl taught him to go under water extremely well.




Tristan having his swimming lesson (not too happy this day, but loves it every other time)


He has had his first fancy dress Hallow e'en party where he laughed at Chris and I with our makeup on and wasn't scared once!


Being a little Vampire


Having a laugh with Daddy



Cuddles with Mummy


He turned one last week and our lives seems to have evolved around his development, dirty nappies and general ankle biting - which has all been great fun! I was very happy to see that his card was shown on Cbeebies and that was without using any powers of persuasion!



My masterpiece on tv!





We had a lovely birthday. Chris and I were both off, so we went to rhythm and rhyme at the Lisburn Road library where Tristan got to wear the birthday hat and was sung 'Happy Birthday'' and given a lot of lovely birthday wishes, it really was lovely.


During the past year we have taken advantage of me being off and we went for a month's break to South Africa and Australia. It was lovely seeing family and friends again, and Tristan was a star during all the flights. I'm not sure our fellow passengers would agree when we were boarding the flight to South Africa, but it's great having a screaming baby as no one wants to sit near you!! Those were the only tears and they were for hunger, pity he wasn't entitled to an in flight meal! Willo has gotten used to a little person clambering over her, siting in her bed and generally causing havoc to what was her relatively calm life! She has hurt her cruciate ligament so is confined to the lead for the next 5 weeks - that will be interesting for Chris and I.






Willo wanting her photo taken!


So I am back to work again and I have also joined the newly formed Lisburn Belle's WI which has been started by a couple of the people from the knitting group I go to. It seems weird being in the WI, but the majority of its members are under 40! That isn't bad going! Despite joining this and still trying to get to my knitting thing, I will try to keep this blog more up to date. This will be made a lot easier hopefully with my ipad... although I did update the blog on it last night and the whole entry got lost so... I ain't counting on it too much! Til then, adios!

No comments: