Monday 23 February 2009

Where in the world.....

It's count down to our next big trip, overland from Zambia to Kenya starting Thursday. To prepare I did what I do best, put it off and headed to Cullinan, outside Pretoria for a relaxing weekend with Lee (my Cousin), Mona (his wife), Matthew and Ethan (their sons.)

Our chalet was fantastic, except for the maid service which wanted to clean our air con'd room at 8:00am ! The pool was fantastic and very refreshing after our long hike from the car carrying cooler bags, towels, books, ipods and almost everything else needed for a relaxing day in the country. That 50 meter hike doesn't seem far but when you have so many beers, breezers and cokes it can be tough. Matthew, who is twelve, had never experienced a Sauna before (30 something degrees and this kids wants a sauna ???) so Lee and I persevered and sat sweating in a wooden box at 110 degrees Celsius (that's what the dial said) An hour later we crawled to the pool via the cooler bag.
So today, Monday is tidy-up day. Sort ourselves out, get ready for Thursday and finalize our plans for April (So far we have tickets as far as London !!!) the list of things to sort out is growing and I don't anticipate good Internet access in other parts of Africa but we shall see.
One thing I do like to look at occasionally is who is looking at the blog, in the past 2 months, people from 17 countries have looked at the blog (google analytics I thank you). I'm glad the blog is doing well and thanks to all those who read it and even better if you enjoy it.

No comments: