Wednesday 20 January 2010

Stomp!

It's been a little while since I've put up a post and although there have been lots of different things I could have blogged about, the time has passed and so it's become irrelevant. (Me getting a motorcycle... settling back into home life...)
But not this time!

For various reasons we purchased some 'Stomp' tickets for Chris' Nephew Nathan and for my parents for it's opening performance. Chris and I had the delight of seeing it being performed just off Broadway in NYC with our couch-surfing host Barbara, so when we saw it was coming to the Waterfront Hall in Belfast, we just had to go.

Despite my concern about the physical size of the building (being quite a big) the interaction of the audience was actually better than that of the small theatre we'd originally seen it in.

The opening act with the brushes was so 'hard hitting' that they broke about 5 of the 'brooms'!! It was over 90 minutes of constant entertainment and some additional moments of side splitting laughter.
Everyone who went enjoyed the performance and I was pleased that we had stayed with Barbara and her husband Matt for us to have been able to see the show in the first place to realise just how good it would be.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to get to see it as well.