Monday 20 October 2008

The Madness Continues !!!

It´s our fourth country I think and so far, this is the strangest.
Our fellow traveller Dan (from Somerset) wasn´t given his yellow fever certificate, so when we went through passport \ border control, he was thinking he´d have to go to a local doctor and pay for a new card. But as this is Bolivia, he got in by buying the 3 guards a 2.5 ltr bottle of Sprite. We´ve all had to pay for the vaccine at home and he paid 12 Bolivianos (about one pound) to get into the country. Those are my kind of bribes!!!
So, we´re off to Santa Cruz on an overnight train. This should be fun but with plenty to occupy us, we´ll not be bored. We´re the Brackens with all their gadgets and every days the group want to see what else we´ve brought.
Until later xx

2 comments:

mum and dad said...

we assume that all your jabs are working and that arms and else were are all healed. Cheap bottle of sprite, I'd have got them coca cola and then told them it was made in Ireland next to your house.

mum and dad said...

This is Bradley here,I see your having a good time and I'm still stuck in school boo hoo. I get out of school at two o'clock and on Friday I get out at 12 o'clock.I have to get drops in my eyes and there almost better and Emma and Nathan have just arrived and Emma is noisy as usual.where are you now anyway andwhat do you think of the place that your in now.send me a message back to tell me where your going.Love Bradlry xxxxx