Monday 1 December 2008

Quito - so far...

So I'll stop updating about the Galapagos and the hundreds of photos for the time being and tell you we are now in Quito, Ecuador. This is a lovely city, despite the scary stories about the attacks on tourists etc. But with police being highly visible, we're in good hands.

Chris and I are based in the historical centre with the white buildings and the one way system for cars, so it is quite nice.

In the next few days we will be exploring the place a lot more. My friend Lauren (from the Galapagos cruise) & I visited the famous Otovalo markets yesterday. I did more Christmas shopping, but the sun was so hot being so near the equator.

This picture is of a roundabout in Otovalo showing the traditional clothing of the people there, and they do wear them!




In the next few days Chris and I hope to go to the Equator line and do some of the mad experiments they have there. Until that, we're just relaxing and enjoying some free time.

No comments: